There’s no second chance to make a first impression – in a job interview, meeting a new friend or showing your home to a potential buyer. Chances are, people who are interested in your home will do a drive-by before they ask to be shown the property. A common tip given to new sellers is to work on the exterior of their home, along with the interior. Increasing the curb appeal of your house can create a great first impression for these buyers and decrease the time it takes to sell your home. Below are our tips for adding curb appeal. Check them out and your home will be off the market in no time!
- Can I have your number? First off, make sure potential buyers can find your house. Display house numbers where they can be easily read from the street.
- Clean it up. Is the paint on your front door faded or peeling? Need to fix the trim or the siding? Does your doorbell need replaced? These small things may not seem like a big deal to you, but can make all the difference to giving your home’s exterior a polished and clean feel.
- Raise the roof. Or just get it fixed. No home owner wants to buy a home that might need a costly roof repair or replacement in a few short months. Have a home inspector take a look to identify potential problems.
- Use your green thumb. You don’t have to completely overhaul your yard, but make sure that the grass is cut and healthy, any shrubs or trees are trimmed, and add some potted plants or new blooms to brighten up the place. A little can go a long way.
- Lighten up. Many buyers drive past potential new homes at night time after they get off work. Add some outdoor lighting to make your home look welcoming and lived-in.
Have you fixed up your home’s exterior before selling? What do you think of these tips? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Roberta Kayne, Realtor & Photographer - All Rights Reserved
Specializing in First Time Buyers and Relocation Buyers
Central Ohio - Columbus - Dublin
Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR)
Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
Residential Relocation Specialist (RRS)
Re/Max Affiliates, 614-537-4564
Connect with me :